A special screening of the documentary, “Essence of Healing: Journey of American Indian Nurses,” is set for Tuesday, June 20, during a conversation with Susan Hassmiller, senior adviser for nursing at Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.
The event, hosted by the North Dakota Center for Nursing and the Culture of Health Think Tank Steering Committee, is scheduled from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. at the Dakota Medical Foundation, 4141 28th Ave. S., Fargo.
Groups that collaborated to develop the documentary include:
· NDSU School of Nursing, Fargo
· NDSU School of Nursing at Sanford Health, Bismarck, North Dakota
· Cankdeska Cikana Community College, Fort Totten, North Dakota
· KAT Communications, Bismarck, North Dakota
· University of North Dakota Recruitment and Retention of American Indians into Nursing, Grand Forks, North Dakota.
Funding for the project was provided by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, University Partnership Research Grant for the Health Profession Opportunity Grants Program, No. 90PH0019, Office of Planning, Research and Evaluation, Administration for Children and Families.
For information about “Essence of Healing: Journey of American Indian Nurses,” contact Loretta Heuer, professor of nursing at NDSU, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 701-231-8205.
As a student-focused, land-grant, research university, we serve our citizens.